At Power in Motion, your child's safety is our top priority. These are some of the steps we take to make Power in Motion a safe place for children of all ages:
1. All of our staff, coaches and volunteers are subject to a number of background checks and investigations, including a private and thorough U.S. background check for any criminal or civil matters, as well as the mandatory USA Gymnastics background checks. These reports are reviewed prior to any employment being offered at Power in Motion.
2. We have daily on-site management presence at the gym during morning, afternoon and evening practices that closely monitor the staff and activities in the gym. Management keeps an open communication policy with parents, coaches and athletes. We invite you to contact our management team at any time with questions or concerns and we are committed to taking immediate action to resolve all issues.
3. Preschool and Recreational classes are always open to parent viewing. Team parents are invited to view a portion of practice and encouraged to stop by at different times. However, constant viewing of entire practices is discouraged for team parents so that our team athletes can fully focus on their training assignments. The front desk is staffed, and numerous coaches and administrative personnel are always present in the facility to ensure proper supervision during all preschool, recreational and team classes.
4. We have a strict policy prohibiting any one-on-one interaction with any employee of Power in Motion and a minor. This includes, but is not limited to lessons, meetings, travel, locker rooms and medical in our facility or at another location. Please be courteous to drop your children off and pick them up from class in a timely manner. If you are running late, please contact us so we can ensure that at least two employees are present with your child until pick-up.
4. In addition to our large viewing area, our facility is equipped with many cameras, both inside and outside, so that all areas are under constant supervision for the safety of our athletes.
5. PIM staff training includes education on appropriate ways to “spot” or assist a gymnast with a skill. All PIM staff are fully aware of and required to sign a document that clearly identifies “no spotting zones” on a gymnast.
6. Staff are prohibited from using electronic communications (including social media) with students or other staff members in a way that could be seen as insulting, disruptive, offensive, sexually-explicit, racist, sexist, homophobic, trans-phobic or in any other way that can be construed to be harassment or disparagement of others.
7. Our facility is equipped with an AED and over 90% of our staff are CPR and AED certified. During every class or event at PIM, at least one individual with these certifications is present.
8. All staff members are required to take the USA Gymnastics Safe Sport Course. This course teaches about the various forms of child abuse, reporting prohibited conduct, and prevention policies specific to USA Gymnastics. The Safe Sport Policy can be found at: www.usagym.org/safesport.
We invite you to contact us if you have any questions. Our phone number is (269) 429-5100.